Please read the following important information regarding policies and tips for giving a successful oral or poster presentation.
- Your allotted time slot includes your talk and time for questions from the audience. Please plan your talk accordingly. Each time slot is 25 minutes, thereby allowing for a 20-minute presentation and a 5-minute Q and A.
- Please notify us by email (hdls ‘at’ unm ‘dot’ edu) if you wish to use a method of presentation other than a computer with projector.
- Presenters are welcome to use their own laptops. Please be sure that you know how to connect your computer to a projector. Additionally, make sure that you bring any attachments/adapters/converters that you may need in order to successful connect to a projector.
- We will have a PC (Windows XP) laptop in each room and a set of speakers for those who do not wish to bring their own computer or those that require speakers.
- If your presentation contains any special fonts, please consider bringing your own computer or save your presentation as a PDF file if you wish to use one of ours.
- You may wish to provide a handout. If you send us a pdf version of your handout by Monday, November 1, we will be happy to prepare copies. Otherwise, please prepare about 30 handouts.
- The boards for poster display will be in landscape orientation, with a usable area of 68 inches (172 cm) wide by 44 inches (111 cm) high. Some push pins and other devices will be provided upon request.
- Presenters can put their poster up anytime on the day of the session before their session starts.
- There are several printing stores near campus. However, if you wish to print out your poster in Albuquerque, please note that it will take up to 48 hours for the stores to print it out.
- You may wish to provide reduced-size copies of your poster as a handout. If you send us a pdf version of your handout by Monday, November 1, we would be happy to prepare copies. Otherwise, please prepare about 30 of handouts.
- Some useful suggestions for preparing conference posters can be found here and here.